PRIVACY & COOKIES POLICY
We are committed to protecting your privacy. Any data we hold is stored securely. We collect information from our visitors, including personally identifiable information (your full name, e-mail address, phone number) and non-personally identifiable information (e.g., aggregate statistics about what parts of our site are most popular).
WHO WE ARE
Story Unheard is a privately owned UK Company specialising in tailor-made experiences around the world. Any personal information provided to or collected by us is controlled by Story Unheard Ltd (“Story Unheard”, “We”, “Us”), a company registered in England at 90 Prince of Wales Drive, London, SW11 4HP. Company number 10778407.
WAYS WE COLLECT INFORMATION & WHAT KIND OF INFORMATION
The site collects two types of information from visitors: personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable.
This information is gathered from instances such as filling in a form, subscribing to mailing lists, entering competitions, participating in market research and when contacting us both on and offline. The personal information Story Unheard collects about you through these various sources may include:
- Name, email, addresses and telephone numbers
- We not store financially sensitive information such as credit/ debit card number(s), bank details, security numbers and expiration date(s).
- Information required to quote and book travel or other services, including travel and family companion(s) names, emergency contacts and special service needs including those relating to any disability or medical or dietary conditions (which may disclose your religious beliefs), passport number, dates of birth, insurance information, visa information, nationality and country of residence
- Use of products and services such as self-service devices, flight status notification and web check-in
- Information provided via customer surveys, competitions, feedback, offers or other marketing research
- Information provided to customer-service representatives to research and resolve issues or questions
- Information relating to your holiday including blogs, reviews, image or video uploads, questionnaire data, holiday enquiries and brochure or marketing requests
- Subscription and demographic information such as preferences, interests, age and family information
We may passively collect information while you are visiting the site. This non-personally identifiable information is not linked with the personally identifiable information that you actively shared with us on the site. We reserve the right to share the anonymous aggregated information passively collected via this site with third parties, including our business partners. We will not collect or store any of your passwords or other highly sensitive data. The information Story Unheard collects about you when you access the website or contact us by mail or phone includes:
- Internet domain name and IP address, your computer browser, the operating system, search terms and other standard information collected by tools such as Google Anyalytics
- Browsing, search & purchase history, date and time of your visit to the site, the specific pages you visit and page interaction information
- Telephone information including phone numbers, call duration and call recordings that are used for training purposes and quality control
WHY WE COLLECTION INFORMATION & HOW WE USE IT
We use this information to understand your needs better and to provide an enhanced service. We do not misuse or sell your personal information to other companies, other than as described in this policy.
The personally identifiable information we gather from you will only be used and shared in accordance with this policy or disclosed to you at the time you provide the information. We use the information we collect about you to: process your bookings with the relevant provider, contact you for market research purposes, internal record keeping, auditing and regulation purposes, improve our products and services, inform you about products and services, marketing purposes, personalise and customise the content of our website according to your interests.
We reserve the right to sell, lease or share aggregated, de-identified, and other non-personally identifiable information regarding site usage, sales, traffic patterns, demographics, and other statistics about our site or those from whom we collect information via the site. We reserve the right to share personal information with law enforcement agencies in the event of a suspected illegal activity or criminal investigation.
Please note we do not store any individual data from our cookies, we simply use the information to understand user trends and experience. We use Google Analytics cookies.
If you subscribe to the Story Unheard newsletter, either directly through the website or by filling in our enquiry form, you will receive promotional emails about our latest news, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting to the email address you provided. At any time, you may request to unsubscribe by following the opt-out instructions included within any Story Unheard marketing E-mail, and informing us of your preference.
ADVANCED PASSENGER INFORMATION (API)
Advanced Passenger Information (API) is required by many countries prior to arrival (or departure). Airlines and transport companies are required to transmit this information by law and data entry is requested at the time of ticket issue. API information includes passenger’s identity, travel documents (passport, visa), transit and destination data. To comply with these regulations Story Unheard passes the relevant information to the transport companies who transmit the information to the relevant authorities.
CONTROLLING YOUR INFORMATION
We do not seek to collect personally identifiable information from you that you do not want collected. We indicate at all active information collection points whether requested information is required or optional. We attempt to tell you at the point of collection and in this policy what the results will be if you don’t provide the required or optional information e.g. a less personalised service to match your interests, limited access to the site etc.
We take necessary steps to ensure that personally identifiable information that you send us via this site is accurate. You may update and request details of any personal information that we hold about you by contacting us at any time via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may require follow-up information to verify that you are the person authorised to view the information being requested. We may, at our discretion, refuse you access to certain information if providing such access would risk another person’s privacy; would violate any law or regulation; or would burden this site.
EXTENT OF POLICY
Please contact us by email at email@example.com or by telephone on +44 74 0151 0141. Opening hours (UK GMT) are Monday – Friday 9:00 – 19:00.
This policy was last revised on 7th July, 2017